With 72% of all marriages in Southern California ending in a divorce, VICI Realty has become an industry leader in helping people sell their property or properties during a divorce.
Typically, each attorney hands out three business cards of local real estate agents and then they hope the divorcing parties can pick one on which they both agree. The problem with that scenario is that usually, neither party “trusts” the other spouses Realtor and furthermore, none of those agents are experienced in all the special circumstances that will be faced because of the divorce such as making sure both parties agree on:
- What is the true value of the home?
- Who pays for repairs before the sale?
- What is the plan if the home isn’t selling in a reasonable period of time?
- If a price reduction is needed, who makes that decision and who sets the price?
- If one party wants to keep the home and buy the other party out, do they qualify for that mortgage?
- What is the process if one party changes their mind and won’t sign?
- How should the property stipulation be written to avoid these issues?
These are just a few of the examples of issues that will come up in most divorces that VICI Realty addresses.
Besides our experience and expertise, a huge advantage VICI Realty has over our competitors is that each divorcing party will net more proceeds from the sale of their home because of our Fixed Rate / 100% Full Service model. Paying a fixed rate instead of the usual 2.5% typically saves our clients $18,000 to $24,000 in needles agent commissions.
Call us today for a private one on one consultation on how we can help you with your real estate needs during this difficult period of life.